360 Turkey Farm Tour
- Help younger students learn more about how farmers take care of their animals with the Animal Care Farm Charm.
- The farmers in this video demonstrate the many ways that they ensure their flock stay safe and healthy. Learn more about life as a poultry farmer by reading this interview with a Virginia poultry farmer.
- There are many other agricultural careers that help farmers take care of their animals and ensure a quality food supply. Read these career highlights featuring a Quality Superintendent and Food, Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Professional.
360 Chicken Hatchery Tour
- Explore more about hatching with the "Hatching Science: 21 Days of Discovery" PowerPoint.
- A Chick Hatches lesson
- Kahoot Assessment
Farm Life 360 Tour of a Virginia Chicken House
- Reading Comprehension – check out the "Poultry Ag Mag"
- Poultry Ag Mag Kahoot Assessment
- Secondary students can explore genotypes and phenotypes of chickens with "Chicken a la Coin Flip"
Broiler Chickens: From Hatch to Harvest
- Visit the Interactive Map Project and view the maps representing Eggs, Chickens, and Turkeys in the United States. Identify the state that produces the most of each, then find where Virginia ranks for each. Challenge students to devise word problems for a partner based on the charts.
- Discover the nutritional value of poultry and eggs with "Wanted: A Balanced Plate"
Special thanks to our supporters Virginia Poultry Federation and US Poultry & Egg Association